4

Harvest Festival

Posted by Eliz on 1:22 AM
Mmmm... dah lama tak menulis kat sini... this is because my internet had been giving me problem this whole week and i was really busy at work till i can't write on my blog. Last nite, i received few text from friends and family back at my hornbill land.. wishing me a Happy Gawai... tsk tsk... i didnt really feel the celebration here... its like a normal day to me..

Then last nite i was thinking.. all the fun i used to had during Gawai..the only time i would see my dad totally drunk.. (never seen him drunk that bad :P)... and also the only time id see my sister having hard time talking to my grandparents coz she can't talk my mom's languange... that goes to my dad too..

I miss the half day journey travelling to the long house.. having cramps coz sitting on the long boat for hours. I miss my druken cousin that will pick us up at the jetty and we were praying hard so he can manuver the boat... i miss the "gong' sound and also the 'tuak' force drinking ahaha..you can actually see ppl got wasted and sleep at the 'ruai' (verandah).

I miss the no tv, no pipe water (we have to jump at the river)... i miss picking up water from the well... i miss my shy cousins that i hardly met at long house...i miss my grandparents for most of all coz they couldnt be there to celebrate with them.. :(

Really miss them... i miss  my grandma shouting when she manuver the boat.. i miss my grandpa when he argue with my mom asking us to stay longer at the long house..I miss jumping to the river with only "kain sarong'

I havent went back for harvest festival for many years and i can felt it slipping away... how i wish i can turn back the time.. and be with my grandparents and with my cousins and aunts and my niece and nephews to cook and eat together as a family.

Now it's excatly one year that my grandparents pass away.. I wish i can spend one more time harvest festival with them

|

4 Comments


tak seronotnya tak dapat balik beraya gawai bersama family. i feel for you.


good memories last forever. With good friends around you, I hope you will be very happy and enjoy your life.


Mz N & Dr Sam.. thank you very much for the wishes :)


appy gawai dah....
huggah huggah..hunggah...

Copyright © 2009 Free Spirited All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.